Name Change Processes by County
Name change procedures vary by county. We’ve put together information on how to go about changing your name in these counties:
If you would like to see instructions for an additional county or if you would like to make a correction/suggestion to our existing resources please contact us.
- Free Legal Name/Gender Change Clinics
- TransOhio provides free clinics to help you or your child change legal name and gender markers, held all over the state of Ohio. They can provide financial assistance to community members who need it. A team of trained attorneys will be at the clinics to answer any questions you may have.
- Note: they have an application for financial assistance on their page. You can request financial assistance even if you are applying for your name change on your own without using their legal help.
- Name and Gender Change Guide (Adults) (December 2017)
- This is a great guide with lots of information on changing your name and gender in Ohio.
- Take a look at the very last page — it has information specifically for Stark County!
Note: This site does not provide legal advice. The content on this site is for informational purposes only. For legal advice, please contact an attorney.