Trans Lifeline is a national trans-led organization dedicated to improving the quality of trans lives by responding to the critical needs of our community with direct service, material support, advocacy, and education. Our vision is to fight the epidemic of trans suicide and improve overall life-outcomes of trans people by facilitating justice-oriented, collective community aid.
- 1-877-565-8860 (available 24/7)
Ally Moms is run by mothers who have trans children. The organization provides a list of phone numbers and email addresses for people (called “ally moms”) who are available to talk. Both trans individuals and parents of trans individuals are welcome to contact an ally mom from the list provided on their website. The list is broken down by state if you’d like to talk to someone local. Ally Dads is coming soon!
Founded in 1998 by the creators of the Academy Award®-winning short film TREVOR, The Trevor Project is the leading national organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer & questioning (LGBTQ) young people under 25.
- 1-866-488-7386 (available 24/7)
- TrevorText – Text “START” to 678678. Standard text messaging rates apply. Available Monday through Friday between 3pm–10pm EST / Noon–7pm PT
- TrevorChat – Available 7 Days A Week, (3pm–10pm ET / Noon–7pm PT).
The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is a national network of local crisis centers that provides free and confidential emotional support to people in suicidal crisis or emotional distress 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- 1-800-273-8255 (available 24/7)
- Online Chat (available 24/7)